The Jai Vilas Mahal is also known as the Jai Vilas Palace, is a nineteenth-century palace in Gwalior, India. It was established in 1874 by Jayajirao Scindia, the Maharaja of Gwalior and is still the residence of his descendants the former royal Maratha Scindia dynasty. The European architecture of the palace was designed and built by Sir Michael Filose (known as Mukhel Sahib) under the guidance of Jayajirao to welcome Edward VII.
The palace has 400 rooms from which exclusively 40 rooms are transformed into Jiwaji Rao Scindia Museum. Two Belgian chandeliers at Durbar Hall weighing 7 tonnes each are believed to be one of the largest in the world.