Fort Jerome, in Nani Daman, is named after St.Jerome, one of the famous fathers of the Catholic Church. It is located on the north side of Damanganga River. After the Mughal invasion, in 1614 AD, the construction was started by Dom Jeronimo Azevado (12th Portuguese Viceroy of India) and it was completed in the time of Dom Franciso de Gama in 1672 AD.
This fort with a giant gateway facing the river with a large statue of St. Jerome and two giant human figures, on each side of the gateway covering an area of 12250 sqm. The fort contains a church and the view of small fishing fleet that anchors alongside the fort is interesting.