The City of Alwar Founded by the Kachwaha Rajput Ruler Pratap Singh in 1770. The town’s name was Ulwar during those days and was changed to Alwar to bring it to the top in the alphabetically arranged list of the Princely states of Rajputana. The town is significant for its various military participations in various battles and was the first state of Rajputana to sign a treaty with the British East India Company.
The city being one of the princely states of the Rajputana has tones of tourist attractions. The forts, temples and the immense abundance of natural Fauna has brought this place in this list. The Haunted Bhangarh Fort, The Karni Mata Temple, the Historic site of Pandupole, and the Sariska Tiger Reserve are just a few of the many attraction this city houses.