Aldona is a lovely village located in Bardez taluka. It is well known for the church of St. Thomas. This church remains as an inspirational presence in the village of Aldona with an estimated population of only 7000 people. It was built in 1596 on a high plateau on the banks of the river Mapusa, with a flight of broad steps carved into a cliff and lead to an open plain that surrounds the large white building. Inside, the church is splendidly decorated with symbolic biblical paintings and large sculptures.